Sunday, April 30, 2006

Road Trip

Tomorrow "tic tac" (my 1990 honda civic hatchback) and I will be departing from Hamilton and heading back to BC. After finishing my thesis, the trip will definitely have moments of catharsis, but, overall, I know that spending that much time alone with myself will inevitably cause some sort of psychosis. Mostly road rage!

Either way, I think everyone should embark on a solo road trip at some point in their lives. It fosters independance and allows you to enjoy the open road much more than you could if others are with you.

I've had many an interesting experience on my long road trips, and overall...I hope I don't experience anymore of them on this trip!

I'm looking forward to being back in BC and away from the city life. To sit on the beach and stare at the ocean; to just enjoy the beauty of BC. But I will also miss my friends in Hamilton. I've lived such a transient life the past six years - it will be nice to one day live somewhere semi-permanently.

I've had my fair share of good-byes.

No comments: