Monday, May 29, 2006

ok i'm back

And so we meet again...

I have returned from my trip across the country. It was for the most part fairly uneventful. Until my arrival in Alberta, and then it was quite eventful.

What is it about Alberta and needing to create the "world's biggest" of random objects. In my week-long stay, I managed to encounter three "world's biggest" - mallard duck, sausage, and Ukrainian egg.

See below for photos.

Now, take a close look at the sausage photo. Sure, the photo does not do it justice at all, but what does it remind you of? In real life it's very veiny and has a nice shaped head on top. Yes. It is a giant phallus.

I can just imagine the people in Mundare - "Yeah, that's right, I'll meet you by the giant penis. What? No, I don't have a complex."

The heart, or testicles, were added only a few years ago, and much later than the construction of the actual "sausage". Either the people in charge of this addition are mentally retarded, or they are all in on the joke.

"Sure! Let's add some nuts!"





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meem, my wonderful friend who keeps her knowledge neatly wrapped in her crazy little head of hers. I have come to know you Melissa as an open, caring and devoted person, not only to your friends but yourself as well as your quest for knowledge. You have an unseen understanding of this world that none can ever really touch upon and it intrigues me so to even get just a small glimpse of what you are about.
Anyone who has entered your life has been touched by this intensity that you bear and unbeknownst to them have been set upon a different level of being that allows for more space.
It is hard to express in mere words what having you as a friend has meant to me, and others I assume but it has made me a different person and I love that every time we get together there is this sense of wonder that I am left to contemplate, that leaves me with a sense of satisfaction in knowing that the next time our paths shall cross I will be introduced to some new and exciting experience that I can take with me always .
Thank you