Tuesday, March 06, 2007

dying??

Well, as someone who usually gets sick once a year (in April after essays and exams are done), I have found it VERY unusual to be sick for practically the past six months. Or in other words, since I arrived in Scotland.

When I first got here, I just brushed off the lightheadedness I felt reading at my desk to poor lighting, and the sinus flu to not sleeping and drinking (ahem) too much. But now that it's six months later and I've suffered through countless sinus infections, bronchitis and labyrinthitis (!) I've had enough.

And this week, to confirm everything I has suspected, I found open mold in the hallways outside my flat! So, yes, basically I'm slowly dying from toxic mold. Pleasant!


1 comment:

1o2p3e4r5 said...

Welcome to the good ole must UK. Open mold is pretty much a given in any building, since most of them are brick and plaster, and very old indeed. The real important thing is which mold you've got I guess. Could you take a sample to a doctor or something? If it is a nasty mold, it can be very dangerous - it is relatively easy to get an infection inside your brain and it can make you very ill very quickly. Yeeeep. I would try to take a sample or get someone in to do it, really, if you keep getting these respiratory tract infections. Take care!!!!