Saturday, July 01, 2006

closer still...

So I had a random day off today. What to do, what to do...and so I hiked up Soames Hill, this random knob-like structure in Gibsons.

I think this photo pretty much explains it:



The view from the top was spectacular. You could see all of lower Gibsons and Keats Island. It's strange that I never hiked up Soames before. I always thought it was so funny looking and wondered what it was like on top.

Well, now I do.

And for your enjoyment as well, here is a panoramic shot from the top:



Interestingly, although I did not notice on the drive to the trailhead, on my way out, I saw many a sign indicating that there had been bear sightings in the area. Now, these signs said bear, and had a drawing of a bear on them, but can they really be so sure? Perhaps my quest to find the sasquatch has become closer than I had previously thought.

More to come on the imminent meeting of melissa and sasquatch.

No comments: