Wednesday, July 05, 2006

oh canada...(five days late)

The streets were lined with people adorned in red and white, carrying tiny little flags...



Presenting: highlights from the Canada Day Parade in downtown Sechelt:

It all kicked off with ye olde mounted police:



And a bunch of the "usuals" - accordion players, shriners in little cars, square dancers and Smokey the Bear (only YOU can prevent forest fires)









But there were some others that are distinctly BC - someone representing the 420 Hemp Shop driving solo in a motorized scooter throwing out bags of hemp hearts, and some hippies doing what hippies do best:





And then, under the uncatagorizable was...well....this...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya!! I got your MSN but the computer at the office doesn't have sound, so when I finally found your message you'd already signed off...sorry about that! D: Anyways, it's good to see you online and I'm still reading your blog religiously.

Andy and I are pretty much hoping to take a trip out east at the end of August using my dad's car, some camp equipment, and a map, haha...but I finally get to see the ocean!!!

Anonymous said...

"What the hell?!?" is, I believe, the best way to describe that last picture. Either that, or the phrase "walking tumour".
On the other hand, I'm totally jealous of the fact that you could just pop across the road and buy a pepsi. Sadly, pepsi is only sold "unofficially" by some dude in Nuuk who smuggles it in from germany. A mere $50 for 24.
Also jealous of the sunshine. Phmee.